Home > Planned Giving >
Planned and Deferred Gifts
A planned gift is a gift that you make during your lifetime, but that benefits the charitable organization you designate after your death.
Planned gifts proclaim the donor's faith in the University's future and in the worth of its mission. Planned gifts are critical to AfricaUniversity's ability to continue to discharge its mission in the future. These gifts help to solidify the University's financial underpinnings through its endowment.
The following are examples of planned gifts:
- A gift included in your will or living trust (Bequest)
- A gift of life insurance policy or proceeds; (Life Insurance)
- A charitable gift annuity in the amount of $5,000 or more;
- A gift of retirement assets;
- A current gift of cash, securities, real estate or other assets of at least $10,000 in value designated for the endowment.
Gifts in any of the above forms may be made in memory or in honor of special loved ones. This is a wonderful way to recognize a person's life and accomplishments.
Learn More about Bequests – Gifts That Provide Income For Life – Gift of Life Insurance
Do you need more information about planned giving opportunities?
Please call or write our Director of Planned Giving, Elaine Jenkins,
Africa University Development Office, P. O. Box 340007, Nashville, TN, 37203-0007,
Telephone:615/340-7428 Fax: 615/340-7290 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org